Well we are now into february, a month where traditionally the teams and drivers that are planning to take part in the 2014 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship generally begin to start testing.
In the meantime heres the news thats been announced recently...
1. On 24th of January, Jack Goff announced that he would be staying with Tean BMR, the new name for Team HARD. from 2013. Goff confirmed that he would be driving the same Vauxhall Insignia he did in 2013. However he confirmed that there are a eaft of updates to be tested before the season begins.
2. Team BMR followed this announcement up by confirming the rest of their four car driver lineup through an online video release. They have pulled off a massive coup by signing 1997 & 2000 BTCC Champion Alain Menu along with Aron Smith and Warren Scott. Menu and Smith will both drive a VW Passat whilst Scott will drive the 2nd Vauxhall Insignia.
3. Rob Austin posted pictures online of his first test with the newly re-shelled Audi A4 "Sherman" that took place at a wet Silverstone. Austin proclaimed himself very happy with the updates to the car.
4. Honda Yuasa Racing also released pictures of the Honda Civic Tourer being tested in wet conditions at Rockingham in the hands of 2014 drivers Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden.
5. The details for the BTCC Media Day have been released. During the morning of Media Day, the official entry list will be released with any further driver announcements made. Free entry for the public will be at 12.30pm onwards with testing beginning at 1.00pm.
So a few snipits there of news from the BTCC with the biggest talking point being the return of Alain Menu to the BTCC. Currently this means there are 5 confirmed Champions this season with Jason Plato, Andrew Jordan, Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden already confirmed.
However, rumours abound as to the lineup of two of the BTCC's two bigger teams: eBay/West Surrey Racing and Airwaves Racing/Motorbase. The lineup at WSR via rumour could include Colin Turkington, Alex MacDowall, Rob Collard and/or Alex MacDowall.
At Airwaves Racing, its possibly a bigger lineup. Airwaves is known to have improved its technical team and garnered a bigger budget. For it's 3 driver lineup, rumours persist that 2007 & 2008 BTCC Champion Fabrizio Giovanardi is joining the team in a lineup including any combination of Mat Jackson, Tom Onslow-Cole and 2013 Formula Ford Champion Dan Cammish.
There is also the plans of Lea Wood and Speedworks to be finalised so lets hope we know whats going on soon!!
All the best!