Thursday 13 March 2014

Tintop Guru's 1st Anniversary!!!

Wow!! The Guru Blog is One year old today!!

When I started back on 14 March 2013, I honestly wasnt sure if I'd still be writing a blog a year later, let alone the following it has gained in those twelve months.

I also have to say that writing this blog has helped me to share my passion of motorsport with fellow friends, fans and followers and help me to realise that there is a firm fanbase for both single-seaters and tintop racing.

Also I would like to say...

THE GURU IS GOING TO BTCC MEDIA DAY!!

Yup, I shall be there with my adorable partner Nik and my son Aaron who is the creator and Chief Photographer of Blue Lake Photography. He will be taking plenty of photos whilst we are at Donington Park as well as also taking taking the excellent landscape photos in his spare time.

I recommend taking a look, look up Blue Lake Photography on Facebook.

I would also like to say thanks to a few people who have supported me as I have written this blog. First of all I would like to thank Andrew Abbott and all at TouringCars.net for allowing me to retweet and post my blog through their twitter feed. I would like to thank them for the support and advice he and the team have given me and being included as part of the team for my small part. I recommend this website for its excellent news and content.

I would also like to thank Nick Hunt who runs the BTCC Fans Group on Facebook for allowing me to post my bloglinks in his group to share with everyone in the group as well as those generally on Facebook and Twitter.

I want to thank Neil Hudson of TouringCarTimes, whose own blog regarding motorsport inspired me to start writing my own views, opinions and memories in a blog that became Tintop Guru. I also want to thank Neil, Ian Gallagher, Johan Meissner and George East for their great feedback on the article I had published last year online and their fantastic work at TouringCarTimes. I recommend this website as well.

I also want to say some thank you's to my family and friends for supporting me through a very difficult time last year and for the support of my decision to begin writing this blog and for the feedback they have given me when looking to improve it and keep it fun.

I want to say thank you to my two best friends Clive and Andy. Clive has always been a shoulder to me ever since we met in 1995 and Andy has shared my obssesive love of motorsport ever since we met in 1995 in Woolworths in Bedford looking for BTCC Review Videos.

I want to say thank you to the many friends I have on Facebook and Twitter who share my love of motorsport and who are also very supportive when times have been tough and difficult. You are a great bunch of people to talk to and share tintop banter and theories with.

Finally I want to say thank you to three very important people. Firstly my mum, who supported me through my childhood as my love of motorsport grew as I grew up and for reminding me when the buzz buzz is on. I have never forgotten the many years that I watched F1 and Touring Cars whilst I had my Sunday Dinner on my lap or she sat doing her knitting. Priceless.

I want to say thank you to my son Aaron, who shares his heated passion of motorsport with me. Often we will argue when drivers clash on track as to who is to blame and who isnt, we will argue during the off season as to who will drive where as I speculate and he waits for facts to be published, but he is the biggest Vettel/Red Bull fan I know and he loves his motor racing.

Finally I want to say thank you to my partner Nik. I dont think she realised when we met in 2009 what she was taking on but she has stood by me and supported me as we havent ventured through these past 4 years together and knows how much I love my motorsport and Sci-Fi. She supported my idea to write this blog and I can honestly say I dont know what I would do without her.

So here is to another year of blogging from the Guru. I will be concentrating on the BTCC, WTCC  and World Rallycross this year with the odd post on other motorsports to come later on. Meanwhile my photo this time is my favourite shot from many memories of Formula One, from the 1992 Monaco Grand Prix where over the last 7 laps, Nigel Mansell chased down Ayrton Senna but couldnt pass the Mclaren driver.

Thank you to all my followers and readers and heres to another year of blogging from the Guru.

Cheers

Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment