Saturday 7 February 2015

Tintop Guru: My plan for 2015...

Happy New Year everyone!!!

I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas time and celebrated the New Year in your own particular fashion.

Whilst all this has been going on during the holiday period, I have been organising my plans for the Tintop Guru blog and I've decided to explain what I plan to be writing about in 2015.



First of all, I've had to organise myself a bit earlier than normal as I will be attending the 2015 Autosport International Show as one of their official bloggers. This has happened after I entered the competition that the Autosport Show Organisers ran during the summer where you had to post on your blog, your favourite Motorsport Memory from between 1990 and 2015, as part of celebrating the 25 years of the Autosport International Show... I was picked as a winner! My entry was a post about the 1992 Monaco Grand Prix.

Now whilst I am there, I am planning on speaking to a few teams and drivers from the BTCC to find out what their targets and hopes are for the new season and posting a blog regarding my experience at the show. Keeping with the BTCC theme, I shall be attending the Annual BTCC Media Day in March at Donington Park that will see the launch of the 2015 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship, where we will finally have the confirmation of who will be driving what car and for what team after a long winter of shuffling.



Now as well as attending these two events, I will be writing blogposts regarding the race weekends of the BTCC as well as the 2015 edition of the FIA World Touring Car Championship, which sees the new TC1 regulation cars in their second season of competition, whilst the older TC2T cars are now outlawed in the WTCC and only legal to compete in the FIA European Touring Car Cup, which itself expands to a six event calendar for 2015.



The WTCC also sees a change in calendar for 2015 with visits to the famous Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany, the Vila Real street circuit in Portugal, a change of location from Suzuka to Motegi for the Japanese round whilst the championship visits Buriram in Thailand and Losail in Qatar for the first time. The Qatar races will be the first ever night races the new incarnation of the series has had.

In 2014, I immensely enjoyed watching the first ever FIA World Rallycross Championship and also writing posts about it during the season. I will be following the championship again in 2015 and producing race weekend reports on the blog, reporting on what I felt was the FIA's most exciting World Championship in 2014 with an ever expanding fan base and growing prescence on Social Media. To add to this hype, 2014 WorldRX Champion Petter Solberg confirmed on New Years Eve he would return in 2015 to defend his title.



There is one change to the WorldRX Calendar in 2015 with Finland being dropped and replaced by a Spanish round held at the Barcelona Grand Prix Circuit. Whilst Finland is a fan favourite and popular round, Barcelona will offer new challenges to the field. I will also be posting blog reports on the FIA European Rallycross Championship, which was just as exciting as the World Championship was last year.



There are three new series that I will be casting my eye over and offering my thoughts and opinions on throughout the year. The first is the newly announced TCR International Series. I am looking forward to seeing how this championship fairs during the year, with several established and well known Touring Car teams already confirmed to be taking part with a calendar that is on the support bill at three different Formula One Weekends and also sees several national championships planned for 2015 and 2016.



The second Championship I will be casting my eye on will be the revamped MSA British Rallycross Championship. During 2014, the series saw increased numbers in each class of competition from Supercars to the RX150's. Along with an improved Media package in the form of a one hour highlights programme on Eurosport and a Series Sponsor in The Shannon Group, BritishRX showed increased viewership and prescence on social media. With a calendar for 2015 confirmed and a TV/Media package to be confirmed, I'll be keeping an eye on this series as it grows in a similar fashion to WorldRX.



Finally, the third series I will be covering is the Red Bull Global Rallycross Championship. I have been lucky enough over the winter to be chosen to recieve the press reports on a series that is building a big reputation in a fast amount of time. Whilst the cars are similar to the Supercars of the FIA WorldRX series, the Supercars of the Red Bull GRC offer the same amount of high quality action and entertainment from some of America's best known talents behind the wheel. The 2014 series is being shown on MotorsTV in the UK and I look forward to seeing how the 2015 season shapes up...



So its a busy year for myself on the blog as I increase the series I monitor and also share with all my readers on Social Media.

I will also be increasing my role at www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk where I will be reporting on both the 2015 WorldRX & EuroRx series for the website.

There's also a big event taking place in August this year thats very important to me, but I will divulge more details on that later in the year.

Finally I would like to say thank to all my readers from 2014 and thank you to all the support I have recieved in writing the blog. It spurs me on to see so many positive comments each time I post on Social Media and I intend to maintain the high level of the blog and its posts.

Thank you

Phil!!

No comments:

Post a Comment