Wednesday 24 April 2013

Ford back to the WTCC...

This morning, Rotek Racing confirmed that it had purchased the Ford Focus S2000 cars originally built by Arena Motorsport.

They have also confirmed that when they return to the series at the Flyaway races, American driver Robb Holland will be driving one of the cars.

For me, this is excellent news. I was sad to hear of Team Aon pulling out of the WTCC and that Ford Europe decided not to fund another season.

However I like thinking at Rotek Racing. The teams HQ will be at Sonoma and they plan to have a second american driver in the 2nd Focus. This is to attract the attention of Ford USA for possible funding.

I hope it works.

But for now, I'm happy that there will be 6 makes of car on the WTCC grid for the 2nd half of the 2013 season.

Cheers

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment