So we are another week closer to Christmas and we've seen yet another busy week filled with exciting news for the 2014 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship season.
So lets see whats been happening...
1. After originally announcing that they would confirm their 2014 driver at the Autosport International Show in January, AmD had a change of heart and announced that Dave Newsham would drive their NGTC Ford Focus for the 2014 season. This marks another new team that Newsham will drive for next year.
2. BTC Racing confirmed that that they have a TBL for 2014 and that Chris Stockton will pilot the NGTC Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback for the team. With Aiden Moffat confirming he has the ex Andy Neate NGTC Cruze Saloon for 2014, this will mean that there will be two types of Cruze on the BTCC grid next year.
3. Rob Austin Racing confirmed that they would not carry sponsorship from Wix Filters next year. Rob confirmed he is looking for other sponsors at this time. However Ciceley Racing then confirmed that they had secured sponsorship from Wix Filters for the Mercedes NGTC A Class.
4. Its been confirmed that the BTCC will use the International layout at Oulton Park when it hosts the 4th BTCC weekend in 2014. The last time the BTCC used this layout was back in 1996, during the Super Touring days.
5. Motorbase have confirmed that they will be running three NGTC Ford's in 2014. They have secured the TBL to do this and are building a new NGTC Focus after the sale of one to AmD. They have confirmed changes in the team to build on the technical side to help extract the best from the Focus and that they are speaking to different drivers for the three seats they have.
Motorbase have also said they want to maintain a "Satellite" Team relationship with AmD in the same way that Team Dynamics have a similar relationship with Pirtek Racing. They will support Shaun Hollamby and his team over the season.
6. Finally, Lea Wood has made his BTCC intentions clear for 2014. He has explained he wants to join a team with NGTC experience to learn more about the cars. If this doesnt happen, the other option open to the team is for them to run their own NGTC car next year. Lea has confirmed he is in talks with several teams.
So thats all the BTCC news from last week with more details shaping up how the 2014 season will look.
All the best!!