So here we are in December and the BTCC has been a busy place with regards to news from the teams and drivers.
Heres what we know:
1. 2012 Clio Cup racer Simon Belcher has confirmed that he will race an NGTC Toyota Avensis with his team Handy Motorsport with Support from Speedworks Motorsport who ran Dave Newsham and Ollie Jackson this year.
2. Andy Jordan confirmed last week that his 2014 team mate would be testing his title winning NGTC Honda Civic at Donington. That driver turned out to be Martin Depper who last contested the BTCC in 2010 in a Forster Motorsport BMW. More recently, Depper has been racing in the VW Cup.
3. Honda Yuasa Racing have confirmed that Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden will return as team-mates in 2014, both driving the new NGTC Honda Civic Tourer. This means that when the car competes next year, it will 20 years since the last estate car took part in the BTCC. A certain Volvo 850 Estate run by TWR...
4. Top sportscar team United Autosports have confirmed today that they will field two NGTC Toyota Avensis for James Cole and Glynn Geddie, who took part in the Supercar Challenge last year. Cole has experience from racing for Team HARD. last in an NGTC Vauxhall Insignia.
5. Speaking of Team HARD. they have been out testing their NGTC cars with some notable drivers. Apart from Warren Scott who drove the Passat in 2013, Dave Newsham tested the car at Croft and 2009 BTCC Champion Colin Turkington have also tested the VW Passat CC at Silverstone. However no driver lineup has been confirmed by the team at this time.
Finally, TOCA has confirmed today that they have allocated all of the new TBL Licenses that lock in team entries in the BTCC to the end of the 2016 season. They have confirmed a full entry of 32 cars whilst there is a reserve list of 3 cars in case any teams have to relinquish their TBL for any reason.
So its good to see that so many plans are falling into place for drivers and teams this early!!