Another week has passed us by and we have been lucky enough to have more news on how things are shaping up for the 2014 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship.
So heres whats been released this week...
1. Simon Belcher has been out testing his Handy Motorsport run NGTC Toyota Avensis at Silverstone this past week. Belcher has claimed to be impressed and very happy with his 2014 BTCC with further testing to take place.
2. 2013 WTCC driver Alex MacDowall has had a 2nd run in a WSR/Ebay Motors NGTC BMW 125i at Silverstone. His first test in the NGTC BMW was in November at Brands Hatch. MacDowall has not yet announced his Touring Car plans for 2014.
3. Pirtek Racing has officially confirmed Martin Depper as Andy Jordan's 2014 team-mate. Depper tested the Civic last week and has reportedly purchased Jeff Smiths Honda Civic from him. Deppers Civic will run in Pirtek colours next year.
4. 1999 British Formula 3 Champion Marc Hynes has signed up at Triple Eight to drive a 3rd MG6 in 2014. Hynes is also currently head of Driver Development for Formula One team Marrussia. He tested the MG6 at Brands Hatch this past week. The 2nd seat at MG has not been allocated yet.
5. Popular team AmD Racing have announced that they have purchased an NGTC Ford Focus from Motorbase/Airwaves Racing and that they have a TBL to race in the BTCC next year. Team boss Shaun Hollamby has also confirmed that a "Front Running" BTCC Driver will be announced to drive the Focus at the Autosport International Show in January.
So there we have another week of BTCC announcements and a clearer picture of who is racing where in the 2014 BTCC season.
Take care and I'll keep you updated during the winter!!